What better way to start the year than with a day dedicated to micro businesses? Trending in the top 10 UK Tweets and #1 for over an hour, #MicroBizMattersDay was a truly special event, attended by a great number of small entrepreneurs sharing their experiences with business experts, and one another.
For the third year in a row, the #MicroBizMattersDay co-founders Tina and Tony connected people around the world, in real time and after the event, enabling everyone to pool both their knowledge and opportunities to further their businesses.
Many successful entrepreneurs gave their time voluntarily and promoted the day across their networks during the eight hour continuous broadcast of live Google Hangouts interviews.
The interview insights garnered from the micro business owners who took part, were extremely energising and valuable for others considering starting up themselves or just looking to maintain momentum. more »
Wow! We are proud to announce a new milestone for the Fujitsu ScanSnap scanners; four million scanners have been sold worldwide!
The very first ScanSnap, the fi-4110EOX, was introduced in 2001. In April 2014 we broke the three million mark and barely three years later we have made it to four million. We look forward to continuing the ScanSnap success story. With ScanSnap sales ramping up fast, only Fujitsu’s own fi Series range of professional document management scanners have a larger user base. more »
Another year has passed like the wind and we’d love to share some of our highlights in 2016.
- In March, we showcased our new fi Series scanners, the fi-7460 and the fi-7480 at CeBIT in Hannover.
- In June, we were proud to announce that another fi Series scanner was joining the family of professional scanners. The fi-7030 is an evolved entry model suitable for quick scanning, ideal for desktop scanning with its compact size and card scanning capability.
- Again in June, we held the Fujitsu World Tour! We stopped in various European cities. Under the motto “Human Centric Innovation in Action”, visitors could participate in a number of expert talks, breakout sessions and technology cases.
- In September, we hosted the Information Capture Conference in London. This high-level conference brought together over 400 distributors, resellers and software partners from across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), offering valuable insights into the latest trends and market opportunities in the document capture industry.
- November proved to be a busy month for Fujitsu. Not only were we honoured as “Company of the Year” by DM Magazine, but we also extended our SP Series by launching the SP-1425, a scanner that combines flatbed and ADF in a compact design, so it fits into even the smallest offices.
- November also brought Fujitsu Forum to Munich where we offered visitors a sneak peek of our new ScanSnap Cloud service, which has been available since the end of November. ScanSnap Cloud offers the possibility to scan straight into your cloud service, without having to use your scanner.
We had a great 2016 and hope to continue our successful journey with your support in 2017!
MicroBizMattersDay is an annual, international networking event now in its third year, dedicated to micro business owners. The conference, taking place on January 13 in central London, and organised by the Enterprise Rockers’ co-founders – Tina and Tony – brings to life “recognition, action and learning” that allows micro business owners to share their experiences. It also offers exclusive insights into the impact that these entrepreneurs make on the global economy and provides opportunities to watch seminars, interviews and workshops with top industry experts.
Tuesday, February 7 is Safer Internet Day 2017, a global initiative to get children and young people safe online. Under the motto ‘Be the change: unite for a better internet’, hundreds of organisations work together to raise awareness and improve child online protection. We spoke to one of the organisers fo the Day for the UK, Will Gardner, CEO of Childnet. He talked about the role that the internet plays in the life of a child and what you can do to protect them from online dangers and abuse. more »
With the introduction of the ScanSnap Cloud, we are launching a new free service that enables ScanSnap iX100 and ScanSnap iX500 customers to streamline document scanning workflows by transmitting data directly from ScanSnap to popular cloud services. ScanSnap Cloud speeds up and simplifies the process to scan and save important information by eliminating the need for PCs or smart devices for the scanning process. Taking one-button scanning one step further, ScanSnap Cloud automatically sorts and routes data directly to cloud-based services like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive and other popular cloud services.
This year’s Fujitsu Forum, which took place on November 16 and 17 in Munich, was once again a huge success. It proved to be the perfect opportunity for IT experts and management representatives to connect and share ideas on digital transformation. The event themed “Human Centric Innovation – Driving Digital Transformation” was opened by Fujitsu’s President Tatsuya Tanaka and put the spotlight on our continued drive for innovation. Through a series of keynotes, breakout sessions and exhibits, leading experts from the IT and tech sector demonstrated new ways to use digitalization to benefit businesses. more »
This year’s Fujitsu Forum, from November 16-17, is expected to be a huge success – with more than 14,000 expected attendees it’s the biggest event of its kind in Europe! Themed “Human Centric Innovation – Driving Digital Transformation” the Fujitsu Forum is a great opportunity for management representatives and IT-experts to come together and exchange ideas and knowledge. more »
We are proud to present the latest addition to the SP Series scanners: the SP-1425. Designed for entry-level document capture this scanner is aimed at business users who need a reliable and flexible solution with excellent real-world performance.
The new model captures 25 pages per minute (A4 colour, duplex 200/300dpi) and combines the productivity of an ADF with the flexibility of a flatbed device. The SP-1425 can process a variety of documents, including bound material. Designed for ease of use it features simplified user-friendly scanning. The scanner has a compact footprint and a lower height than a typical MFP, enabling easy access at the desktop of any knowledge worker. Typical applications are dedicated to single business functions such as accounting or use in a small mail room. more »